Friday, September 22, 2006

Spell

The incantations of my daydreams
Are slowly spelling out the happy ending of my unconventional urban fairy tale
Scratch that:
Not ending but rather new beginning
The inauguration of a new chapter
Me: The Happy Years
So with fingers crossed and eyes pressed shut
I am wishing on all the stars
Blowing out all the candles
And plucking my own lucky eyelashes to increase my odds
As I focus on what I really want
A series or realities so very close to nearly here
So close that my head is already at future dinner parties
Hostess with the mostest plus a smile and a sway
(You'll wink at me from across the room when you don't think the guests can see)
I am thinking of the unpoetic details
Of mortgages
Maybe even a business loan
So that we may have the poetry of a ribbon cutting ceremony on our dreams
Family vacations
Photo albums
A real sticky Christmas tree and fresh garden flowers
We will spend our smiling time in the organic section
And at markets
And we will nest
Gathering things beautiful and comfortable with which to line our future
And speaking of futures
And ceremonies
I bet we will dazzle them all
I think we'll give them faith somehow
Maybe even blow their minds barefoot
And our days will be bright
Our nights cozy
And our entrances always grand

No comments: