Friday, July 15, 2011

Perfect Summer

This is the perfect summer.


Thanks to the grace of the universal plotline
some decisive dedication on my part
and my budding instinct
for knowing a good thing when I see it
my days are being savored in the sunshine
in the grass
indulging my whims
smiling in God.


Honey drenched afternoons
evenings
late nights and headspace
are taken up with you
with us
windblown hair
delirious laughter
and all array of music loudly coaxing us.


Our time could accurately be measured
in the spins of your various odometers across the years
if we cared to spend a moment counting.
And why waste a moment counting
when there are back porches to sit on
slaughtering sci-fi swarms of mosquitos
sharing our tales and inner workings
smiling into each other's eyes
until the darkness
finally leaves us
with only our fingers entwined.

No comments: