Monday, April 24, 2006

Rollin' On

He's trying to fish me out of my supernatural head winds
With his second hand line
Out of my lofty daydreams
And into his rusted out ride
But I know I'm a goddess inside
So I gotta pass
On my chance
With this cat
And flash to some places
With some faces
I long to see
And I'm hoping they're smiling and thinking of me
'Cuz I got a call to meet Destiny
Could've been a prank though
I've heard the voice before
But even so
I keep agreeing
And appearing
At these odd times and states of mind
In expectation of some tiny piece of perfection
Broken off
Lost
Looking to be found amid the brightly coloured
Thick oil canvases
And neutral couches
With latte lovers sinking into sangria sunsets
And I'm hoping
Groping
Trying to stop choking
On the preconceived notions and fears I've amassed through the years
But I'm as petrified
Inside
Of every step forward
As I am
Of the burn
Of eternal
Stagnation
So all I can do is catch an updraft
Sweet dreamy breeze with no burdens to share
And I'll go with the gust
Oh I'll let the times take me
And make me
And recreate me
Into the me
I want to see
Reflected in the eyes
Of those smiling faces
In all the places
I long to be

No comments: