Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wish List

It's funny how stories go
How plots unfold and noses grow
And how some spines are wont
To melt when the kitchen gets too hot
But I
Have stopped wasting my precious salt
On feeble dreams not worth their own
This time I'm fixin' to build out of stronger stuff
I have a plan
I'm just short on material
Capable of building something bigger
Than whitewashed fenced in mindsets and strip mall escapades
I am not willing to be
The ball
Or the chain
Around some unwilling eye rolling ankle
I am looking for paired pedestals
Not some cardboard cutout to bring home
To plastic dinners
I am on the prowl for something so real
That it will hold up
Under the beauty of blessed skies
Or the foul exhaust of concrete night
I want something
That in the grand finale
Of our happily ever after
Will cradle us
And feed our dreams

No comments: