Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Clarification

Perhaps I have not been clear
Maybe in my jaded days and bitter nights I have not wished on enough stars
Begged with enough fervor
Or cried enough tears for all that I want and don't yet have
Maybe the universe did not understand
That when I shunned the conventions of romance
I did not mean to shun romance
That in forsaking picket fenced in compromises
I had no intention of neglecting my concepts of starlit picnic perfection
Though I may be crushing the cliches of wannabe bride fantasies and silly preconceived notions
My castle does need a King that even this Queen can admire
And so this soul blistering search
For my one and very only partner in time
With whom to traverse the turf of this life
Committing senseless acts of beauty and joyfully bathing in each day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to remember. But I always remember to forget. There's no easy answers, just easy questions.

Emotionally paralyzed, so if my heart blinks twice it means no. Sparkling spirokets in this just friends lense.

Empress to impress, emperor I am poor. With a shirt woven of phonetic weave, pants sown with syllable seams, but all is not as it seems.

A scarf of semantics and silk, my own ilk...got milk (key) way because there's a galaxy in your eyes that brokes no surprise.

And it twirls and sighs --take that on for size. What do you mean there's other guys? That better be lies.

Okay I'm joking, a little fun I'm poking. Better take this foot out of my mouth because I am croaking.

Now let me show you what superlatives are for...So watch careful because my words are slippy they'll get on the inside of your eyes and leave you seeing different and thinking weird.

My farsightlessness has blinded me to this clone colony of cool.

It's an ocean of brevity so swim with passion, a sea of levity so laugh with abandon, a river of calamity so hope we ration.