Friday, August 04, 2006

E-LIT-IST

I have in my acquaintance
A well meaning wannabe wordsmith
A stunted social misfit clinging to the convenient cover of artist's clothing
Not a person in possession of prophetic poetry
Rather a purveyor of lame alliterations
Metaphors measly and transparent
Cheap baubles fit to tempt
Only the giggling
Or the drunk
And speaking of transparency
I do stand firm in my glass home
Humble
Whole
And though soulfully moved by the sounds of syllables
I can't shake from my mind the meaning behind the design of my lines
The indescribable intangibles that we find in this life to be unfortunately inarticulable
I never set out to construct literarily impaired cardboard cutout catchphrases
Hooks lines but mostly sinkers
Out to snag booty and praises
So grasshopper
Prose poser
It's time for you to regroup your motivations
Drop your cheap facsimile of awe and fascination
And if you truly feel that this artistry is part and parcel with your destiny
Hone your skills and style
Skip the smile
Because imperfect and in progress though I may be
You lack the heart and imagery
To shoot this ink with me

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding, who in the hell do you think you are anyway...

Get some kind of life, any life at all

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding, who in the hell do you think you are anyway...

Get some kind of life, any life at all

Anonymous said...

Discalimer: this is a joke

I have in my aquaintance a girl in a glass house...so let me respond as a-none-mouse...

I never said I was better
Or even good
I said I was better at poetry then prose,
but you misunderstood.

Now you've hook, line and sunk me with a catch phrase of you own
but
hypocrisy is easy, when you have a glass home.

You stand for meaning over form why does the opposite have to be less?

Why can't I experiemnt with a fading rhyme scheme that mutates into spoken word almost prose?

Maybe you'll watch and learn, watch and burn...maybe you should've answered me with an honest motive not an ulterior manipulation...Maybe we've agreed to disagree...maybe you should've stopped to listen...maybe we could've stopped dealing in maybes

But what I can do with a flick of my wrist keeps hookers poor and makes editors drool...okay maybe gay editors....

Dawn McSweeney said...

Well, in response to the genius who thinks I should get a life, I will assume that too much of yours is spent trying to tear down the creative efforts of others. I wish you the growth and maturity you obviously need. If you don't like it, don't read it ;)

Dawn McSweeney said...

Dear Mouse...
I think we have to agree to disagree:
You think I should've listened
But I doubt that you heard me
(No hard feelings...)

Anonymous said...

Well said anonymous!! At least you have some class. Don't let this wanabe poet deter you from writing!!! Classy always wins

Get off your high horse, you don't belong there and never will! ;)

Dawn McSweeney said...

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. For an instant let's assume that there is more to this than meets the eye and that I am not trying to deter. Let's breifly assume that this is in response to arrogance and a lack of class that the reader has not been privvy to, and that I am not speaking out of my ass. Or, as is the beauty of art, you can take it however you want. Thank you.