Saturday, June 25, 2011

Everybody: This Is For You

 I've been thinking about you a lot lately.
In passing
in joy
in grocery aisles.

I think of how I'm sure that you don't realize
how your smile sparks sunshine
and how looking into your eyes
I find the solace of sameness.

Over coffee this morning
I had the sinking feeling
that all too often you are unaware
of the creative grace
that flows in waves from even your subtle movements.

In fact, you know that tick twitch fidget tell that you have?
I find it rather endearing.
It reminds me that you are deliciously human
even when I'm blinded by your glow.

I'm afraid
sometimes
late at night
that you don't know that we all
have moments of doubt.
We all question this path
this skin
how our minds hold it all together.
We all daydream about what could've been
and wonder how yesterday should've been done better
but once the chips are down and the bets are closed
it is what it is
and what do we know about better anyway?

And I guess what I'm saying
is that we all
all too often
feel all too alone
and that's the irony of all this
because we're not.
We're all on this dreamscape seat of our pants journey together.

And next time you're sure
that you're hurtling through space cold and alone
meaningless and behind schedule
running dangerously low on air
please know that you aren't alone.
You can't be alone.
I see you
and you are beautiful.

No comments: