Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ode To A Travelling Friend

Ode to a travelling friend
Leaving again
To chase more as yet unseen horizons
And feel the world through your hair.
My brave, beautiful explorer,
Always the you
I wanted
My self
To be:
Befriender of strangers
Drinker of teas
Intercontinental breaker of hearts.
Sweet seeker that only time can stop,
May life never scrub the paint from your artist fantasies
As you hop across oceans
Like salty puddles along your ever changing
Catch me if you can
Path.
The museums in countless cities
Ancient and revered
Will primp
And preen
And trot out their finest fare
To be devoured by
Your appreciative
Soulful eyes,
And I,
My dear,
My lovely old gypsy soul,
Will put on a kettle
And settle
Into winter
Awaiting your triumphant return
With the world in your pocket
Absorbed
Reinvented
Filtered for viewing
Through the lens of your heart.
And you
Will tell me
Picture book fairy tales
Over cups of brewed souvenirs
In the comfort of home
While you show me your new scars
And laugh.
And I
Will promise
To fly with you
One day
Soon
Instead of merely tagging
My spirit along.

No comments: