Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Walking Home (In Real Time)

Tonight someone told me something I already knew
Which is good because it tells me that I'm right
And that's important because I think he has something to share
With someone
But he may not know what it is.
I'm walking in the street as I write this;
Now standing dead stopped
Between the crosswalks
1:35 a.m.
Not a romantic time but I'm feeling it
And my shadow looks sexy
All essence of hair and billow of skirt
As a fresh summer begins her affair with my soul
As she flirts between the leaves and my thighs.
I am destined to build a shrine to a hundred gods at once
And swear that it's the only true path,
And I am bound to burn false idols where they lay.
Up in the elevator now
And I wonder who is tending
The few fires still burning in scattered windows.
How many of them are waiting for someone
How many are waiting for anyone
And how very long it seems I must wait
Before finding my truths.

(June 3/05 really...)

No comments: