Thursday, March 30, 2006

Life Line

I have been blessed
Goddess given the key to my destiny
No map to my path though
No X to mark my spot
In a world where we are taught
To never pass a buck we can keep for ourselves
To chase logos and coins and put our souls on a shelf
But I have been placed here
Made my way to this domain
To maintain
My sanity
Keep joy flowing in my brain
Because I spend my daylight hours chained to someone else's purse strings
A payoff that demeans my dreams
And leaves me wishing my precious moments away
Trapped in the computer buzz silence even though I have so much to say
I'm old world in my simplicity
In that I demand to be
Only who I am and want to be
And I won't give that up in the name of falsified maturity
Or misconstrued responsibility
In my own mind
I'm living out something sublime
And I know that to redeem my life
This birth
This breath
I must put pen to paper
Document the course of my ever winding caper
Share the universe
Through these eyes
This life
This cycle
No time to trifle
With new and improved packaging
It's time to let your heart sing
Satisfaction is only garunteed
If you know what feeds your soul
Despite the high gloss candy pink money train
And 24/7 ad campaign
LIFE STARTS NOW
Operators are standing by

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..why can't my "purpose" come as easily to me, as it evidently does to you? ~insert wistful sigh, here~