Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Without

Without over personalizing
The highly intimate
I can say
That at times
Even I am caught blind sided
By the hoaxes hindrances and helpers
Trying to pass me in this fog
And though the marshmallow blanket view from here
Reminds me of something distant
A memory ever so persistent
This is a new season
Recreation
Regeneration
Take a picture
Of this future postcard memory

Without over sentimentalizing
My carnal knowledge
I know that some people kiss
Like they mean it
And some people
Get lost with you in a kiss
And they're the ones who really mean it
So few and far between
Like a sweet and rare recurring dream
And all I can do
Is reconstruct the scene
To lure in new ghosts

Without obliviously stating the obvious
The lessons we need most
Are the ones we only comprehend
After they're done and said
And we never saw them coming
Or knew there was the need
But it got us to the here in the now
To this
Yet-another-rest-stop
Reference point in our pending memories

No comments: