Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Riddle Me This

So my best e-bud asked me a really good question:

Why do we have a name for nightmares, but not for really good dreams?

Well dude, that's a damn good question. I think it's because we don't take happy things seriously. Happy stuff is flaky, superficial, and it's assumed that people are happy because they're too stupid to know they ought to be miserable.

(My Bubby always said: Smile. But don't smile too much or people will think you're dumb.)

We interperet things through or language, so let's give good dreams a name. We'll dub them, define them, and one day be able to tell our friends and lovers of the great dreams we had with ease.

I know there are a lot of proverbial flies on the walls of this proverbial room, but I want input! We must name these! Please slip your brilliant and less than brilliant ideas into the suggestion box marked "comment" and let's get this cerebral party started, shall we?

My suggestions, for what they are worth, include "nightopias" and "nightblisses", but you can do better, right? ;)

No comments: